Your weekends are precious, you’ll want to make the most of them. You’ve probably worked all week with one target in mind, getting to your weekend and then doing something useful with it. Yet, often when you actually reach the weekend, it tends to fizzle out and not quite live up to your expectations. These tips should help with making plans and sticking to them, as you’re most likely in need of motivation.
1) Make a Plan: Decide during the week exactly what it is you’re aiming to do at the weekend. Jot down everything so you know what your weekend plans is well in advance. This doesn’t mean you can’t allow for a bit of spontaneity here and there, of course, but in the main you should know what it is you want to get out of your weekends. If you don’t have any plans, you will end up doing nothing.
2) Spend time with friends: We nearly always have the best time with our friends, yet, sometimes we put off making that phone call to arrange something because we can’t be bothered. If you make the effort, though, you know it will be worth while. And if you’re short of ideas of what to do with your weekend, its likely that once you all get together you will be able to come up with a plan.
3) Get Outdoors: Admittedly, the weather is not always on our side, but if you’re prepared for whatever the elements might throw at you, then you shouldn’t be too concerned about getting out into the air. Simply get outdoors and go for a walk, run, circle or anything else you can think of. It is amazing how getting a bit of exercise and fresh air will leave you energized and if you share the experience with others, then that is an added bonus.
4) Avoid drinking too much Alcohol: There’s no denying that most of us enjoy a drink and the temptation when we reach Friday is often to have a few too many. However, the next-day, you’ll probably feel a bit off color and spend most of the day in bed nursing hangover and so the day will pass without you having done anything. Our advice is therefore to take it easy when you are drinking. A little alcohol can help you relax at the weekend but don’t let it rule your time off.
5) Allot some “You Time”: Resting around and filling your time with all sorts of activities can be great fun but will also be tiring. You may even feel at some point as though you’ve overdone it, and being constantly surrounded by activities and people can certainty take its toll on you, both mentally and physically. So try to set some time aside for yourself; when you can indulge yourself in a book, listen to some music or just chill out.
6)Allow yourself catch up time: Weekends are about having fun, but can also be a good time to catch up on those things that have been niggling away at you for some time. Make use of your weekend by fitting some of these activities in, whether they are financial issues that you need to sort out. Actually, getting down to it will make you feel a lot better, as you’ll feel as though you’ve achieved something during your weekend.
7) Engage in sporting activities: Admittedly, not everyone will be able to carry their legs around a football field, but if you can do a little physical activity, you will feel great and get good health benefits.
Alternatively, you could get outdoors and watch some sport firsthand, rather than watching it on TV. The weekend is when most sporting activity takes place, so why not get out of the house and see game of football, basketball or other sports? It may even inspire you to start playing the sport yourself.
Always try to make the most of your weekends; regardless of who you are or where you are. The weekend is more like our reserved period, take a tour, feel the air and enjoy every bit. You could probably ask Margaret out on a date and make her feel like she’s in space.
Get ready for work on Monday with your weekends, that’s the best way to start a blissful week ahead without much stress.